Prevention is the best way to ensure no worsening of disease. Certain life style changes are required for tinnitus –
- Take care of the body by giving it enough rest, sleep and water.
- Dietary supplements Vitamins A, C, E, and B group and Zinc
- Micro nutrients to prevent noise induced hearing loss
- Support and stress management; taking a positive step in controlling the condition and changing response to it
- Regular exercise
- Decrease intake of salt
- Avoid food with high sugar
- Limit exposure to loud noise, occupational and recreational
- Avoid aspirin, and NSAIDS
- Avoid ototoxic medicine
- Avoid nicotine, alcohol, caffeine
- Take steps to lower blood pressure and cholesterol
- Ginkgo Biloba extract is an effective, well tolerated whilst not effective in every single patient, the proven benefits far outweigh any risks.
Next post- management of tinnitus